1. The first step is to register on ecitizen.go.ke.
2. Login to the ecitizen platform after successful registration and navigate to Department of Imigration Services and then submit application.
3. Choose a form from the three: one for adults, one for children and one for a temporary permit.
4. You then directed to a page that has the application guidelines and costs.
Then click on apply now to get to the online application form.
5. The applicant is required to fill all the details. Later you are asked to review the form and ascertain that the details therein are correct.
Then click continue.
6. You will be directed to the payments page.
The modes are: M-PESA (Paybill no 206206, Account Number FWJXRZL), Debit Card, Credit Card, Prepaid Debit Card, Airtel Money and eCitizen Agent. You should choose your preferred payment method and then pay. Below are the costs for the passports and temporary permit.
•32 Pages – Kshs. 4,550
•48 pages – Kshs. 6,050
•64 Pages – Kshs. 7,550
•East African Passport – Kshs. 990
•Diplomatic passport (48 page) – Kshs 7,550
•Mutilated Passport – Kshs 10,050
•Lost Passport Ksh. 12,050
•Temporary permit – Ksh. 350
7. After you pay,click on complete. If your payment has been received then continue to the next page. The payment takes about 5 minutes to reflect.
8. You should then print your filled application and three copies of the invoice
9. Submit the application form in person to the Immigration offices.
During the Submission you will need the following
1.An eCitizen pre-filled passport application form and three receipts.
2.Original birth certificate and photocopy.
3.Original National ID Card & copy.
4.Three Current passport size photos.
5.Recommender’s ID Card copy.
6.Consent letter for minors.
7.Old passport for replacement.
8.Parents National ID cards and copy.